Video analysis: The FARC return to arms because of Uribismo and the Democratic Center — Márquez
In a surprising video, published at 1:30 am Colombian time, Iván Márquez tells Colombia that they will create a new FARC, which will ally with the ELN to confront the Colombian government. This news took the country by surprise, but as Gabriel García Márquez would mention, it was a chronicle of an announced death.
The government of Iván Duque did not comply with the agreements and the democratic center headed by Uribe were the most interested in this not happening. It is a human plague aimed at war, Uribe declared on Twitter that the agreements should be destroyed, and the war started again. Something that Uribe has always mentioned since the beginning of the agreements.
Once signed, the selective deaths of social leaders and former members of that guerrilla began. However, official data assure that 90% of those who accept the agreements continue to comply with the country, while the remaining 10% have joined other guerrilla forces or belong to the FARC dissidents.
Iván Márquez, now the head of the new guerrilla, assured that what happened was a mockery for his men and women. They disarmed them, took control of them and left them in concentration sites that were not ready and in terrible condition. In addition, he blames the government for not providing security guarantees to his men.
Against former President Santos they mentioned that the Plebiscite for Peace was only a show of power to defeat Uribe and that it was not really the way to reach an agreement, although it was finally fulfilled.
The new FARC mention that they would join the ELN, a guerrilla group with which they stopped negotiating a few months ago as a result of an attack on some police cadets in Bogotá.
However, the FARC establish conditions to lay down their arms and the first of them is a national constituency to achieve a root and constitutional change. They also ask that Venezuela no longer be attacked, referring to the economic and political siege towards that country.
It is surprising that they demand a new election of powers, eliminating the traditional political class and seeking a better legislature.
Some FARC requests have a history, since when the Havana accords began, they asked for a lot of these things, but they were renegotiated with them over the years.
Now, with the union of several forces on the fringes of the law, it is only believed that the war is about to begin in a country that only rested for a year without it. Colombians do not know what may happen in the coming weeks and how the government will pronounce on this issue.
The only one convinced that he has won something is Uribe, who says he warned about this, but 90% of former militants are unaware that they are under the program. This man only lives and wants war, although from the beginning he has treated those who accepted the agreements as criminals with benefits and warned that he prefers guerrillas in arms, than doing politics.