Kiwi: Properties and health benefits
The kiwi is a fruit with a slightly acidic flavor, is covered with a greenish-brown skin with fluff, and has an oval shape. Its interior contains a pulp of intense green color and tiny black seeds.
The kiwi has nutritional properties that are beneficial to the body, its high content of Vitamin C, B, E, and minerals such as potassium or copper, magnesium and is very rich in fiber, also contains lutein.
Kiwi: health properties
This delicious fruit that provides a variety of benefits for the proper development of our body, noted for its high content of vitamin C and E, just by eating a kiwi covers the daily need for this vitamin. Its high soluble fiber content helps intestinal movement and prevents constipation, on the other hand, helps the body to normalize cholesterol levels.
Among other properties the kiwi is a low-calorie fruit and it contributes a quantity of carbohydrates in the form of sugars (12%) and one (1%) in proteins and the (0.5%) of fat. This fruit prevents the organism from possible infections, refriados and flu, and helps the absorption of iron.
Tips for consuming kiwi properties
• For the skin: because of its high content of vitamins E, it is an excellent antioxidant that, together with the production of collagen, improves the appearance of the skin, it will be brighter and healthier. Protecting it from sunburn and delaying aging.
• Blood pressure: through the potassium and the fiber it contains helps keep the pressure at bay as it counteracts the effects of sodium. Potassium helps osteoporosis develop less quickly and prevents the loss of muscle mass.
• Wonderful antioxidant: Due to the high content of vitamin C, the kiwi is emerging as an excellent natural antioxidant, helping to minimize the effects of aging on the body's cells, and improving the defenses with which our body struggles to find infections.
• Reduce stress: thanks to its high content of vitamin C and magnesium, this fruit helps relaxation and reduces levels of anxiety and nervousness.
• It helps blood circulation: One of the properties is, that by containing vitamin E and fatty acids omega 3, fluidizes the blood, preventing the formation of clots or thrombi in the blood vessels.
• Constipation: the kiwi, because of its high fiber and water content, helps in improving intestinal transit, and is very effective in combating constipation.
How can you eat kiwi?
Salad: for the versatility, the kiwi can be perfectly accompanied with a wide variety of fruits, vegetables or legumes to make different types of salads.
Juices: the juice of this fruit is highly recommended for the skin, just liquefy the kiwi with water and ice and you will get a delicious drink.
Consume the natural fruit: this delicious fruit can be consumed naturally only washed very well and will be in delicious accompaniment at breakfast or a good snack.
Cooked: it can be used in the kitchen to make a variety of sauces or perfectly in the dessert bouquet.