Listen to this story
How to make beer empanadas?
In general, what usually distinguishes empanadas is their filling. There are those who are in favor of giving a special flavor to the dough, that's why I bring you these beer empanadas, in which their distinctive flavor will be in the dough.
Fun facts about empanadas
Its name comes from the word empanar, which is understood as enclosing something inside a dough that is going to be cooked.
The empanada was the food that the shepherds used to take to their days in the field.
At first, the fillings were made with vegetables, so they were not cooked. Over time, this changed, and now it is prepared with cooked food.
Over time, elements were added to the dough to change the flavor of the preparation.
Since earlier times, the dough of the empanada is usually mixed with a little sugar and salt to give it a more palatable flavor.
Its origin was given under the purpose of creating food that preserves the filling during the Middle Ages. This makes the food keep better even for more than a day.
What flavors can empanadas have?
The fillings used to be with animals obtained from hunting days, such as fish or meat, and in some cases stew. While its topping used to be prepared with wheat or rye flour.
With these this recipe spread, and thanks to the versatility of the preparation, you can enjoy small empanadas with sweet filling.
About the dough
The preparation of empanadas takes its science. In general, the dough has less water than the arepas preparation.
They can be made sweet or savory. Even with a little of both.
Also, it is usually added a little butter or vegetable fats.
Keeping these principles, the beer empanadas will give your presentation a unique and special flavor. Don't wait any longer and go ahead and prepare this recipe.
200 grams of jam,
250 grams of vegetable shortening,
350 milliliters of beer,
150 grams of unsalted butter,
800 grams of wheat flour,
250 grams of sugar,
3 tablespoons of baking powder.
1. Begin by beating the shortening together with the butter until you have a creamy texture.
2. Add the sugar, the egg, little by little, and the baking powder. Mix everything with the first egg and then add the second.
3. With this well homogeneous mixture, it is time to add the flour and continue mixing. This will give you a slightly gritty and firm texture.
4. Then add the beer and this will allow you to obtain a moldable dough without sticking to your fingers.
5. When you have obtained the dough, let it rest for about 20 minutes.
6. It will prepare the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
7. Now, with the dough ready, it's time to prepare the empanadas. Add a little flour on the surface where they are going to be prepared. With the help of a roller or a cylindrical implement, spread the dough 4 millimeters thick.
8. With the circular cutter, define the shape of the pie bases.
9. They can be small or large, it depends on how you want to present them. If it is for a meeting the ideal are the small ones, on the other hand if it is to serve individually a little larger they would be great.
10. Add the fill proportional to the measure you have chosen in the middle of the circle. In this case it is fruit jam, cover with the other half and press on the edge so that the filling does not come out.
11. When you make them, adjust them to a tray or mold to take the mold to the oven for about 25 minutes. They may need to be flipped, so stay tuned.
12. After the time, take them out of the oven and while still hot, sprinkle a little sugar with cinnamon to leave them a good layer on both sides. And ready! You can serve your beer patties to enjoy.
These empanadas can be accompanied by the sauces that you like the most. You can use a garlic parsley sauce or a bacon sauce.
There are some sauces that are prepared based on mayonnaise, this takes a totally different flavor that will allow you to enjoy even more.
If for some reason you want the food to stay as healthy as it goes, you can use these same sauces, but with a natural yogurt base.
Do not forget to put a refreshing fruit drink or soda that do not go bad with empanadas.
If you have an unexpected visit this is an excellent option or if you have to prepare some snacks for a meeting with few ingredients this can be a great option. In addition, it is economical enough to pay off.
Remember that the filling can vary, and you can make them with what you have at home. This will allow you to create several types of sweet and savory snacks for the same gathering. And you, what to expect to try these delicious beer empanadas?