Listen to this story
Traditional red velvet cupcakes
The preparation of cakes and cupcakes in some cases can give you a unique experience, in terms of texture and combination of flavors. For that reason I give you today the opportunity to make an unbeatable traditional red velvet cupcakes' recipe.
You may have your reservations, but if you do the step by step of this recipe, you can easily achieve a heart-stopping dessert.
With these tips, the cake will stay moist, and you will achieve a very attractive texture and color for your red velvet cupcakes.
This red velve t cupcake recipe is great for gift giving or creating pre-set portions for a gathering. Don't miss the details of this incredible recipe and go ahead and prepare a traditional red velvet cupcakes.
Ingredients for traditional red velvet cupcakes
This list will show us what is necessary to make the base and to prepare the topping for these miniature desserts.
For the base
1 teaspoon vanilla,
130 grams of unsalted butter,
1 small tablespoon of powder sugar,
270 grams of white sugar,
1 tablespoon red food coloring,
1 tablespoon of lemon juice,
1 teaspoon of baking soda,
1 teaspoon of white vinegar,
300 grams of wheat flour,
1 tablespoon of cocoa,
230 grams of whole milk.
600 grams of cream cheese,
150 grams of unsalted butter,
200 grams of icing sugar.
Step by step of the red velvet cupcakes
1. To begin we must work the butter. As the intention is that it is creamy, you should take it out of the fridge a couple of hours before preparing it.
If for some reason you have forgotten, you can chop the bar into small pieces and leave it out for 40 minutes or a little longer.
Microwave It would also be an option, but you must make sure that the butter does not melt at any time. The idea is that only the cold is removed so that when beating it begins to take texture, so just a few seconds in the microwave will be enough.
2. Now, take the milk and place it in a glass with the lemon juice. Mix well and let it react for about 10 minutes.
3. While the butter and milk are ready to integrate, take a strainer and sift the cocoa, flour and bicarbonate into a bowl.
You can do it by tapping the strainer with your hand, while holding the handle with the other, or you can help yourself with a spoon.
4. In another larger bowl, place the creamy butter together with the white sugar, and with the help of an electric mixer, beat until the butter is creamy and homogeneous.
5. With the butter and sugar ready, break an egg and add it to the preparation. Repeat the process with the second egg.
6. In the glass with the milk and lemon, add the vinegar, vanilla and food coloring. Mix very well.
You can use gel or powder coloring, the important thing is that it acquires the reddish color so characteristic of this recipe.
7. In the bowl where you have prepared the butter, add the dry ingredients and the liquids little by little, until you achieve a fluffy and homogeneous mixture. So you should not stop beating once the process has started.
8. With the mixture ready, preheat the oven to 200ºC.
When the tray is heated, make sure it is in the middle of the oven so that it receives heat from above and below. Do not put a fan or air at this time of preparation.
9. Take a cupcake pan and place the cups.
If you make a cake as such, you can use parchment paper at the base of the mold and a butter on the walls of the mold. Use a brush or, failing that, with your fingers, but make sure that the application is even so that the mixture will not sin.
10. Place the mixture in the molds and bake for 30 minutes or so.
Remember that each oven is different so after 20 minutes you have to be attentive. Of course, do not open the oven until the 25 minutes have passed to do the stick test, if it comes out clean the cupcakes are ready.
Keep in mind that due to the dye, the stick will turn this color, but it should not have sticky mass.
11. When the time is up, remove the mold (s) from the oven and place on a rack to cool. This process takes about 10 minutes.
12. Then, unmold and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 4 hours. Another option is to leave them overnight so that they are freezing.
13. Remove the butter in advance as we have done with the base.
14. Place the butter in a bowl next to the sugar gal and use the electric mixer to mix.
15. When you have a uniform mixture, add the cream cheese in three parts. This will result in a fluffy, lump-free mixture.
16. With the help of a cutter remove a little filling in the center of the cupcake and with an injector add the mixture of butter, sugar and cream cheese.
17. When all are filled, with the help of a pastry bag, give a spiral-shaped finish to each cupcake. And that's it! Some delicious, red velvet cupcakes to enjoy.
Try to reserve half of the mixture for the filling and the other half for the decoration.
How to conserve?
Once all the cupcakes are made, put them in the fridge in a container so that they do not take in the odors of other foods. This will allow it to stay juicy for at least 4 days in the fridge.
Variants of the red velvet cupcakes recipe
In the case of cakes, it looks much more attractive in layers, so you can use several molds and then assemble the layers, or you can cut the cake and fill it to give the feeling that is so much sought after.
The coloring should be quite strong, as it is the main attraction of the red velvet preparation.
Tip that will make your red velvet recipe fluffy
The heat of the oven is essential when cooking. If you notice that the mixture sponges very quickly, the heat will be very high. Lower the temperature a bit and watch the cooking time.
With all the details that I have given you in this recipe, you can easily achieve the goal. Although knowing the oven is the main thing, so take your time and remember that practice makes perfect.
This recipe can be easily applied to make a cake, in which you will have to take into account the aforementioned considerations. The delicious taste of red velvet will delight everyone, young and old, making it a pleasant way to surprise a member of the family or for a special gathering.
So go ahead and dare to provide a professional pastry result to your loved ones.