Ecuador's indigenous movement will not follow the talks with the Government of Lenin Moreno
This was stated by the indigenous authorities who assured that they cannot dialogue when the Ecuadorian prosecutor's office initiates an investigation against their leaders. It was the president of the Confederation of Indigenous Nationalities of Ecuador (CONAIE) who was in charge of announcing the rupture of the dialogue with the government.
Jaime Vargas, who is the president of CONAIE, assured that there is no adequate environment for dialogue and believes that the president of Ecuador is not listening to their requests. It should be clarified that their intention to dialogue continues, but as long as there are guarantees from the government.
The end to dialogue began when the FGE State Attorney General's Office began an investigation into the formation of subversive armed groups against the state. That is, according to the accusing body, they used indigenous members to form a militant group.
However, Jaime Vargas defended himself and clarified: "At no time, in all my expressions, have I said the armed army, I never said the subversive army."
Of course, the government has not demonstrated with these actions, but they hold Lenin Moreno responsible for the illegal actions they have taken against him, such as hacking the private emails of the CONAIE movement.
Since October 13, both parties have been in constant dialogue as a result of the internal conflict over tax actions and reforms to solve payments to the IMF. Since then, Ecuador has experienced a tense calm.