Listen to this story
The former coach of the Venezuelan women's team has an arrest warrant for abuse towards his players
Venezuelan football has been involved in unfortunate news that should not happen in the world of sports and much less in the women's categories. However, the Ombudsman, Tarek William Saab raised his voice in favor of the players, who have been highly supported.
This is how the Venezuelan justice has issued a prison order against the former coach of the Venezuelan women's soccer team, Kenneth Zseremeta.
This character has been accused by 24 national team players for having sexually abused one of them.
In the same way, he is accused of subjecting them to psychological and physical hazards, so the Prosecutor's Office has made it known this Friday through a statement.
Therefore, the Attorney General of Venezuela, Tarek William Saab, has announced it through his Twitter account, who has shown the request by the Public Ministry and that has been agreed by the corresponding court. However, in said statement it is not specified what court it is.
Arrest warrant against the assistant of the female vinotinto
It was also made known that an arrest warrant was issued against the technical assistant of the team who is accused of complicity in the acts carried out by Kenneth Zseremeta, this has been made known by the 24 players.
In said message published on his Twitter account, a photo of the order requested by the Prosecutor's Office could be seen, in it the prosecutor details the crime prosecuted, which is "Continued, planned and punished sexual abuse with penetration of an adolescent in Article 260 of the Organic Law for the Protection of Girls, Boys and Adolescents".
So far, none of the leaders has been arrested, so it is expected that in the following days the arrest of some two leaders of the women's soccer team will be known.
A complaint that was made formal by Deyna Castellano
Deyna Castellano, current player for Atlético de Madrid in Spain, was in charge of making this complaint last Tuesday through a statement released on her social networks.
Likewise, that statement was supported by 23 teammates, who like her affirmed each of her abuses.
In said statement, the 24 players express that they have decided to break the silence and prevent this situation of psychological, physical and sexual abuse from continuing to occur in Venezuelan sport.
There Zseremeta is named as the main responsible for all this and justice is requested so that there are no more victims in the world by people like this.
The players of the Venezuelan team assured that from 2013 to 2017 there were different incidents that always involved coach Zseremeta, the most common and repetitive abuses by the former coach were physical and psychological during training.
By 2020, one of the national team players confessed to her teammates that she had been sexually abused by the coach since she was 14 years old, an abuse that ended in 2017 when he was fired from the national team.
Until then, all the damage caused by this man was completely unknown.
One of the most important fragments of said statement was the following: "This has been unfortunate news, for all of us it has been really difficult to assimilate, so much so that most of us feel guilty for having been so close all the time and never having realized something so serious that it was happening ". This was expressed by the 24 players.
With this complaint made by the female soccer players of Venezuela, the aim is to ensure that all women continue to raise their voices in the face of physical, psychological and sexual abuse they receive from their partner, teachers, friends or family, so the justice of said The country continues to be very firm in each of these cases, thus achieving justice as quickly as possible.