Listen to this story
Delicious carrot cake with a touch of oranges and cream cheese frosting
From its origins in medieval times it was not until the situation of the Second World War.
That carrot became popular within the panorama as a natural sweetener due to the great shortage of food from then on until the moment in which it became popular in the United States, becoming one of their favorite cakes.
That is why we also get infected with its flavor, and we bring you a delicious carrot cake with a touch of oranges and cream cheese that will make your mouth water just with its particular smell and its easy way to prepare.
So with no more time to lose, let's go.
These are the ingredients you will need:
This preparation consists of two parts, one is the cake and the other the cream cheese frosting, for this you will need:
For the cake:
200 grams of wheat flour,
280 grams of sugar,
2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil,
1 pinch of salt,
1 teaspoon of yeast.
For the frosting:
300 grams of cream cheese,
280 grams of icing sugar,
280 grams of butter,
Walnuts to decorate.
Preparation of the carrot cake with oranges
We will start with the elaboration which has an average total time of about 65 minutes, starting with the sponge cake and on the other hand, as we mentioned before, the cream cheese frosting which will provide an extra juicy texture to our cake.
1. In the first place, we will place the eggs in a bowl and beat them very well until they begin to foam. Once these have the foam point, we will begin to add the sugar and continue beating.
2. To continue with the mixture we must previously have sifted the wheat flour so that lumps are not generated in the mixture, once we have the flour ready we will proceed to add it to the mixture together with the salt and yeast.
3. Likewise, we continue beating until we have a homogeneous mixture of these to be able to add the carrot which we must wash, peel and grate previously.
4. We will squeeze the oranges to extract the juice and add it to the mixture together with the zest of the shells, in turn, the olive oil, all this to stop beating the mixture.
If you want your cake to contain some extra surprises, you can add chopped or ground walnuts to the mixture.
5. To finish with the biscuit we will proceed to pour it into a tall mold which must already be previously greased with butter to avoid its adherence to it.
6. Prepare the oven at about 180 degrees Celsius and place the mold with the mixture inside for about 25 to 30 minutes, to verify its cooking, after the first 20 minutes, poke it with a toothpick of height just in the shape of a cross and reaching up to the bottom of the mix.
Remember not to open the oven before the first 20 minutes, as this could affect the mixture and prevent it from growing completely.
7. Let the cake cool and after this you must cut it in half or in the amount of levels you want, this with a lyre or with a serrated bread knife.
Making the cream cheese frosting
For the preparation of the frosting, it should be taken into account that the butter must be kept at room temperature beforehand, therefore if it was in the fridge you should take it out a few hours before.
Unlike cream cheese, which must be at a very cold temperature, you must refrigerate it in advance for at least 3 to 4 hours.
1. Inside a bowl we will start the preparation of the frosting by placing the butter and the icing sugar and starting the whipping between them.
2. When the mixture begins to take its snowy shape, add the fresh cream cheese from the refrigerator and beat at maximum speed until it has a firm and homogeneous texture.
3. Finally, if the cake is not completely cold, keep the frosting in the refrigerator until you are sure that you can place it on the cake.
Decoration of the carrot cake with oranges and cream cheese frosting
Before starting with the decoration, we must try to have the necessary utensils or those you want to use for decoration, the ideal would be to have a pastry bag and a palette to spread.
1. Place the base of the cake on the support a cake stand or wherever you want to place it and proceed to add the frosting, either with the sleeve or the palette over the entire surface.
2. Continue with this procedure with the layers you have and once you finish, add frosting on the sides and the top to completely cover the cake.
If you want the exterior frosting to look different and striking, you can alternate the tips of the pastry bag and make the design that you like the most.
And for a more peculiar touch you can add orange peel again and place ground walnuts.
And voalá an excellent carrot cake with oranges and Cream cheese frosting, with an incredible presentation and unparalleled flavor that will leave your guests wanting to ask for a second slice so… What are you waiting for to prepare it?