Listen to this story
Homemade lemon curd
During the holiday season we can only think of desserts to share at home and this made lemon cream can sweeten your life.
You certainly do not need a reason to prepare this recipe, since any moment is conducive to giving the palate a little taste. Also, you can combine them with different types of bases, whether they are breads, cookies, cakes or cakes.
An advantage of this cream is that it can be prepared in a wide variety of flavors. Thanks to nature, we have enough food to vary the flavor of this cream, although the way we are going to present it to you, you are going to love it.
Even if you need to fill a dessert with cream, and you have no idea what to do, this recipe is for you, take note of the details and let's start cooking.
You will need for the lemon cream:
200 grams of unsalted butter
150 milliliters of lemon juice
170 grams of sugar
A little of salt.
How to make homemade lemon curd?
1. The first thing you should prepare is a water bath.
2. While the water is boiling, beat the eggs, the yolk, a little salt and the sugar to obtain a kind of sweet cream.
3. Now, take this mixture to the pot or the upper container that you have decided to place in a water bath. Wait for it to cook a little and set.
This will take time, since we are working with water vapor, which among other things will allow you to obtain a more uniform cooking, than those offered by the oven or the kitchen as such.
4. Do not forget to constantly stir the mixture, as it will thicken. Allow for at least 12 minutes of steaming.
5. When the 12 minutes are up, chop the butter into pieces and add it to the egg mixture.
6. Mix until all the ingredients are properly integrated. This will make the cream pale in color, and you will know that it is ready.
7. Now, you must remove from the heat and wait for it to cool. When it is ambient, take it to the fridge and wait for it to cool completely, then serve or use filling.
As you will see, this recipe is very simple to prepare and very versatile to use. The base of this cream will serve you for other preparations.
You can well include chocolate, other types of juices or fruits. Just make sure that the ingredients are emulsified correctly so that there are no lumps, and it can be used both to fill and to decorate.
How can lemon cream be used?
Once the lemon cream is made, you will be interested in defining which desserts you can use it for. That is why we have made you a list of options, but remember you are the one who will choose in the end.
You can use them to fill cakes.
You can make a cold cake with cookies and lemon cream filling.
It will also allow you to fill and decorate cupcakes.
The cakes will also be favored, since you can add to a piece of cake for wet and give it the touch they need.
You can take advantage of chopping a bread and placing this rich cream on top of them. If you re cookies you can place them.
Another advantage of this cream is how thick it is, so if you need to decorate with a pastry lover, you will do it. Remember to handle it cold so that it gives it more consistency.
Once you have mastered this recipe, you can easily replicate them in your favorite versions. It is not about playing safe if you do not learn a recipe that always suits you and that you know under what conditions you can vary its flavor.
Having an innovative and different thinking will help you in this task. Although unfortunately we cannot always do what we want, many of your great ideas will surely combine with this recipe.
Go ahead and mix the base and divide into small portions to mix with different ingredients and evaluate the textures and flavors you can create. Prepare this quick and easy recipe so that you surprise the little ones with a sweet snack.