Listen to this story
Unsweetened fig, quark and almond compote
A great recipe in which the cheese stands out, and you get a healthy dessert without elaborate ingredients is this compote of figs, quark cheese and almonds without sugar.
This recipe is a combination of dairy and fruit, textures and colors, so serving in transparent containers is a real eye-catcher.
In addition, it is a good option to minimize the intake of sugar in meals that will take the smell of lemon and vanilla. The sweet will come from figs, which are one of the fruits with the highest amount of fructose.
Although the ideal would be to eat this dessert without any sugar, you are probably in a transition process, so you can add honey or stevia, but only a little.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
20 grams of goat cheese,
2 grams of agar-agar,
100 milliliters of milk,
450 grams of guark cheese,
600 grams of figs,
50 milliliters of orange juice,
5 milliliters of vanilla essence.
Step by step of the elaboration
This preparation takes about 30 minutes to prepare and before eating you must wait about 2 hours, so you should consider doing it with time.
1. The first thing is to dissolve the agar-agar in the ambient milk.
You can substitute powdered or sheet gelatin for the agar-agar, as you prefer. Just be sure to follow the directions on the envelope for about 500 milliliters of liquid.
2. Now, you must place the quark cheese in a pot and add the goat cheese in fine pieces,
3. Stir in the vanilla and lemon zest. If required, the sweetener of your choice.
Orange can also help you smell great and bring out the flavors of your dessert.
4. Next, add the milk that you have mixed with the agar-agar or with the gelatin.
5. Mix well, until the ingredients are unified and heat over low heat, eventually stirring the mixture. This to prevent it from sinking and will help integrate the flavors.
6. While this is done, clean and peel the figs. Cut them into pieces of similar size and transfer to another pot with the lemon or orange juice.
Adding the juice of the orange or lemon is optional, but with it, you will give a greater flavor to your preparation.
7. Heat over very low heat, stirring with a wooden paddle to mix well. Let cook until the ingredients take a thick texture similar to compote.
8. Increase the flame of the cheese mixture and let it boil for a few minutes, continuing to stir.
9. At this point, remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
10. To serve, take the glass or glass you have chosen and place a little of the fig compote in the bottom.
11. Now add the cheese mixture.
Before serving make sure that the mixture has not been lumpy. If so, just strain before serving.
12. Wait a few minutes for it to cool naturally and put it in the fridge. You must wait until it truly sets.
13. At this point add another layer of figs and return to the fridge.
14. To finish, toast the almonds, hazelnuts or nuts of your choice without oil in a pan.
15. Add them to our dessert before serving. Remember that you can add fresh fruit as well to increase the taste.
When to prepare this dessert?
These compotes of quark cheese, figs and almonds are great to accompany a dinner.
As it is quite fresh and sparkling it is ideal for those hot days.
If you want to serve for a gathering, use even smaller glasses to create small individual servings, so everyone can sample this dessert treat.
Remember that the variety is the taste and that it depends on you whether to make the recipe as I have taught it or combine the fruits that you like the most.
Adding pieces of fruit and nuts will stand out with the texture of the cheese and the sweetness of the fig compote.
You can even add a layer of granola inside the glasses to increase the crunchiness of your dessert.
As you will see, it is very quick to prepare, only because it is a fresh dessert you must wait to achieve the dense texture to be able to make the other layer. Otherwise, what you put on top will go to the bottom.
This easily refrigerated dessert can wait a whole day without losing properties, depending on the equipment you use. For including milk and cheese it is a bit delicate so make sure it is kept well refrigerated.
Go ahead and try this new combination of flavors that you will not stop preparing after you do it the first time. You and your relatives will love it.
If you were thinking of a different dessert for these December dates, it is a perfect option. Dare to surprise everyone with this compote of fig, quark cheese and almonds.