Listen to this story
Coffee mousse and saffron mousse to enjoy
The mousse is a very delicious sweet that will fill your palate with a lot of flavor. One of the advantages is that the mousse can be made from different elements such as chocolate, strawberries and others.
On occasion, I bring you a coffee mousse and saffron mousse to enjoy with friends or family. Even if you are a coffee lover and want to treat yourself, this recipe is for you.
Origin of mousse
Before we move on, let's know where this delicious dessert comes from. Although its origins are unknown, it is believed that it is of French nationality, this dessert was created in the 18th century.
The chef in charge made three original recipes with chocolate, saffron and coffee. The mousse according to the Spanish Royal Academy means "foam" So it can be said that it is a dessert based on egg whites with a foamy texture.
Its ingredients are not complicated to find, and its preparation is extremely simple. Go ahead and learn how to make a delicious coffee mousse now enjoy.
It is understood that this ingredient was one of the original when the mousse was created. That is why we are going to prepare this recipe, with this particular flavor that it can be served as a sweet dessert.
1 package of sugar-free cookies,
1 tablespoon of sweetener,
1 small coffee spoon,
2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
For the preparation you will need
1. Combine the chocolate chips, coffee, sweetener, and cream cheese. Mix well and prepare for assembly.
The coffee to use can be the one of your preference, ground, instant, etc. Instead of chocolate chips you can grate the chocolate.
This can also vary from white to black according to the bitterness you prefer.
2. Crush the cookies and place at the end of a glass. Preferably made of glass and that is long or a glass that also looks great.
3. Now, alternate layers of cookies and batter to complete the glass. You can add a layer of Chocolate chips.
To decorate you can use the chocolate chips or grated chocolate. If you want you can mix a little of both now that it acquires a greater taste.
Another version is with saffron. This ingredient will give a salty flavor to this dish. Combined with other ingredients of the same tenor, a great dish will be obtained.
½ pinch of chopped tomato,
¼ cup of olive oil,
4 pinches of rice black pudding,
1 tablespoon of gelatin,
4 cups of cream,
2 grams of saffron,
4 egg whites,
¼ cup of water.
1. Start by dissolving the gelatin in water and put in the fridge. In this way it will hydrate while we progress with the preparation.
2. Heat the saffron with the cream until it boils. Add salt to taste and let it cool.
3. Beat the whites until stiff or as consistent as you can.
4. In a water bath, dissolve the hydrated gelatin.
5. Join the gelatin, saffron and egg whites with an enveloping movement.
6. You can use a wooden or plastic spatula.
7. When you have mixed well, pour the mixture into a mold and put it in the freezer. Approximately 3 hours.
8. While this is done, place the sliced blood sausage on the grill and cook.
9. With all the ingredients ready it is time to assemble, for this you must:
10. Place the blood sausage on a plate, then the saffron cream in the shape of a tower. Afterwards, bathe with a little olive oil and chopped tomato. And that's it! A delicious salty dish now to taste.
Whether sweet like chocolate mousse, bittersweet like coffee mousse or salty like saffron mousse this recipe is one of a kind. Its texture complements the other ingredients in the dish.
The sweet or salty will depend on you, but the truth is that you cannot stop preparing both recipes and try these interesting versions.
There are even those who make special combinations. In a glass, alternate the layer of chorizo, ham, mortadella or blood sausage with the saffron mousse.
You can either choose one of them or combine them. This will add another flavor to the preparation, just make sure the add-ins don't taste stronger than the mousse or the effect will be lost.
If you get small glasses like chutes, but with a bigger mouth you will have some great pass them. As with the coffee or chocolate mousse. You would have a very delicate and elegant rich dessert to offer.