Listen to this story
Crackers without wheat flour
If you are one of those who like the crunchy flavor of cookies, but are allergic to gluten, today I bring you a recipe that will allow you to indulge yourself without sacrificing your health.
This recipe is a single one, although it consists of two parts. The first is a mixture opener that we will use when deciding to make the cookies.
You will need to
2 spoons of xanthan gum,
400 grams of cornstarch,
300 grams of rice flour,
300 grams of cassava starch.
1. In a deep container, start by placing all the dry ingredients.
2. Also, if you can include 5 tablespoons of complete powdered milk if you want and can.
3. Then add the liquids, mixing one at a time until obtain a homogeneous mass.
4. Now, in an airtight container that you know that closes properly, pour the mixture and reserve for when you want to prepare.
How to make crackers without wheat flour?
This second part in which as such we are going to prepare the cookies.
40 grams of seeds,
200 grams of premix,
45 milliliters of water,
1 teaspoon of baking powder,
45 milliliters of olive oil,
½ teaspoon of salt,
Preparing the crackers
1. Begin by combining all dry ingredients in a deep bowl.
To which you can add dried aromatic herbs such as oregano.
2. And then add all the liquids, mixing one at a time, in this case, the oil, the egg and the water.
The mixture with the oil is somewhat lumpy, when incorporating the water it changes its softer and more homogeneous texture. If you notice that the mixture has been very dry you can add a little more water.
3. Place some flour on a table or smooth surface that allows you to roll out the dough.
4. Now, with the help of a rolling pin, spread the dough as much as you can until it is 5 millimeters thick.
5. We prepare a greased tray. Now, cut the dough into the shapes you want and place on the tray that you previously prepared.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 °C and that's it. Some delicious crunchy cookies to eat.
You can activate your creativity to give the shape you want, even make use of cutters if you have them. If you want them larger or smaller, it is your choice.
When serving you can:
If you are one of those who like sweet and salty, you can eat it by adding jams or fruit compotes. And why not a little cheese.
You can accompany by hot tea or drinks.
You can serve with tomato and lettuce salad. You can even add them to a Caesar salad.
You can accompany them with the vegetable sauces that you like the most, garlic, paprika, aubergine, etc.
If you can prepare to give some quick snacks to your guests, it is a great idea and I assure you that they will be singing.
When storing the premix, leave it in the fridge. This will give you an action time of 1 or 2 weeks depending on the cold.
Although you can prepare it in advance, you can also do it at the time of preparation.
If you want you can make the cookies as such and keep them, they will stay fresh for 3 or 4 continuous days.
You see, it's so easy to maintain a healthy taste with this wheat flour-free crackers recipe. Tell us how you liked it and if you dared to make your own version.