Listen to this story
Healthy recipes with chickpea flour
To demonstrate what can be done with chickpea flour, I bring you a list of healthy recipes with chickpea flour that you will not be able to ignore.
With them, you can have all the necessary nutrients and balance your meals in a better way.
In addition, you would increase the consumption of vegetable protein that is sorely lacking in today's diets. With this I do not mean that you are going to stop eating other things.
Only that you give yourself the opportunity to eat what you like with healthier ingredients and full of vitamins. Here are our recipes:
These thin pancakes can be prepared with the same flour in a sweet or savory version. Only instead of salt add the sugar and the water you will wash it down little by little until it brings it to the right consistency.
Salty crêpes ingredients
110 grams of chickpea flour,
1 red bell pepper,
250 milliliters of water,
2 grams of salt,
How to make savory crêpes with chickpea flour?
1. Start by chopping the chives and place together with the flour in a bowl.
2. Add the water, salt, and pepper.
3. Stir everything very well so that there are no lumps.
4. Once mixed, cover with the help of a cloth and let the dough rest for approximately 25 minutes.
5. While the time is up, get the filling ready. Chop the avocado, with the onion and the red pepper.
You can place them all on a pike if you prefer, make sure that there are not very large pieces.
6. Now, prepare the skillet preferably non-stick and drizzle a little olive oil over high heat.
7. When it is hot, pour the mixture, distribute it and lower the flame to medium.
8. As a recommendation you can use a ladle or a jug. Apply a little in the center of the pan and then with a subtle, circular movement of the pan, spread the mixture so that it is a very thin layer.
9. Let it cook for a few minutes and help yourself with a spatula to turn it over.
10. Leave a few more seconds and transfer to the plate and continue like this until you finish the complete dough.
This recipe is good for 5 servings. It does not take more than 1 hour to prepare it, and it is very rich on the palate. In the mornings they are very good and in the afternoons some sweet crêpes too.
The fillings can vary depending on what you have in the fridge, or you want. I love it with sautéed vegetables chopped into squares, the flavor is great.
Indian broccoli pakoras
They are a mixture of vegetables and flour that is fried and eaten as croquettes alone or with a sauce.
100 grams of broccoli,
100 grams of zucchini,
100 grams of onion,
125 grams of chickpea flour,
70 milliliters of water,
10 grams of ground cumin,
10 grams of garam masala or other spice mix,
5 grams of bicarbonate,
10 grams of salt,
1. To start the broccoli must be steamed.
That is, placed in a water bath for 5 minutes without the water touching the vegetables. When the time is up, you must remove them and let them cool to be able to chop them without risk of burning.
2. Next, it is necessary to chop all the vegetables finely.
3. Now, in a bowl, place the rest of the ingredients except the oil. When mixing you will get a mixture like mush.
4. It is time to incorporate the vegetables and mix until there is a uniform and homogeneous porridge.
5. Prepare the pan with plenty of oil. Wait until it is very hot.
6. With the help of a spoon, place the dough very carefully and let it fry. It is possible to place several, but with a good separation from each other.
7. With a spatula remove the Pakoras from the oil and place to drain on absorbent paper.
8. Then serve and you're done.
These Indian Pakoras can be accompanied by a yogurt sauce or something similar. The preparation time does not exceed 5 minutes, and it is very easy to prepare.
You can not put all the ingredients you want and in the quantities that you like the most. Yes, although you want to add more content, you can accompany them with a salad, and you would create an original version.
Also, you can combine the flours or even change the ingredients. Even for those who are not fans of broccoli this is a great idea that you will not be able to refuse.
Here I leave these two very quick and easy recipes to prepare loaded with many vegetables that give life and flavor to your dish. Not before saying that you can combine and change the ingredients for the ones you like the most.
Although if the idea is to make it healthy, then this recipe is a good option. Put them into practice and tell us how it went.