Listen to this story
Homemade guava-based sweets
In many places, guava desserts are widely consumed, whether it be guava sweet, canned or guava sandwich. These delicious little treats are very tasty and sought after.
They are also typical of many regions, which is why it is the most common to have a snack with this type of desserts. It is very simple to prepare, and all sweet lovers will love it.
It does not require many ingredients and nor high culinary knowledge for this way. And it is that this recipe comes from the years of the conquest and has been transmitted from generation to generation.
In this article I will teach you how to prepare a guava tie and a guava sweet that will make your mouth water with the smell.
3 1/2 cups of water,
1 Kilogram of ripe guavas,
The juice of 4 lemons,
500 grams of sugar,
The peel and the cores of 2 apples.
How to prepare a guava sweet?
1. To begin, place the guava in a pot with 3 cups of water.
2. Boil for 5 minutes until the rind of the fruit begins to fall apart or open.
3. While this is happening, take another pot and bring the apple shells and hearts to a boil.
4. In the other half cup of water dissolve 4 tablespoons of sugar. When it has taken consistency, pour it into a pot with the apples.
5. Once the guavas have completed 5 minutes of cooking. Wait a bit for it to cool and blend them.
6. Strain and place the pulp in a saucepan to heat. Add the syrup and add the rest of the sugar.
7. Without stopping moving, let it cook for about 6 more minutes.
8. After the time, add the lemon juice and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Let cook until the mixture comes off the walls. At that point, remove from heat and prepare the mold.
10. Take an aluminum mold covered with wax paper. Pour in the mixture, spread well and let it rest for 24 hours.
To present guava tea
Then, chop into small pieces.
Many places tend to cover with guava leaf giving a nice and provocative cover.
You can also cover with a layer of sugar and then wrap or just leave it that way.
In the same way, you can chop the portions and leave them like that at room temperature.
Wrapped in guava leaves they preserve much better. Store at room temperature is ideal.
Under no circumstances take it to the fridge or freezer to cool it. Wait for it to cool naturally, with a fan or by placing it in a cool place.
If you store them in the fridge, it will create a hard coating or the entire portion. To avoid this you can put it in a very airtight container.
A vital recommendation is that, being a very sweet candy, the ants will be attentive to the delicious aroma it gives off. For this reason, you can surround the place where you place the mold with cloves.
Try not to be too close to a wall or wall where these visitors who love sugar have access.
This wonderful sweet loaded with many vitamins is a very delicious dessert to enjoy. Alone or accompanied by cream, it will fascinate you and your family members as well.
1 small tablespoon of cinnamon,
200 grams of sugar.
For the preparation you must
1. The first thing is to peel and chop the guava. When you are done prepare a clean pot.
2. In a pot, place all the ingredients and add a little water.
3. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or more, stirring constantly.
4. Once the time is up, place in a container, let it cool naturally and serve.
How to eat guava sweet?
This is a very simple and straightforward recipe that can be consumed as jam with cookies. It can be added as a cake filling.
Also, as a layer of a pie or any cold dessert. You can think of consuming it with bread and condensed milk.
An alternative is to make a cookie base with butter in small containers, add this filling and decorate with egg meringue, and you will have a delicious dessert.
For both recipes, make sure you clean the guavas very well and make sure they are ripe so that their sweetness is greater.
The sugar you use can be varied according to your sweetness tolerance and the sweetness of the guava.
To preserve the guava candy for longer, place it in a container with a lid.
Avoid constant manipulation. Serve what you plan to eat and save the rest. Don't put a spoonful of saliva in it.
Do not expose it to changes in temperature unless you are going to eat.
Usually if it is not opened for up to 5 days it can last in the fridge.
It is very easy to prepare and preserve. Cheer up! And surprise your little ones with this guava tie or for the most gluttonous with a guava sweet.