Listen to this story
How to make homemade sushi rice?
To make homemade sushi rice requires a special rice that usually has a glutinous texture. This type of rice is available in commercial stores.
However, if it is not within your reach to acquire it, and you are a sushi lover, you can prepare it at home. In this recipe I will teach you how to make a homemade sushi rice with ordinary rice.
Don't miss the opportunity to learn how to make homemade sushi rice and enjoy some oriental rolls.
Without further ado, know the recipe that will give you the main ingredient for your favorite dish.
500 grams of rice,
600 milliliters of water,
100 milliliters of vinegar,
60 grams of sugar,
How to prepare rice for sushi?
1. To begin you must wash the rice. Put the rice in a bowl, add plenty of cold water, shake and pass it through a strainer.
This will make the rice get rid of the starch it has. You must repeat the operation until the water comes out as clear as possible.
2. Drain the rice well before proceeding. Let it rest for approximately 20 minutes.
3. At the end of the time it is time to cook it. Pour it into a pot and add the water.
4. Now, cover and raise the flame to the maximum. Wait 20 minutes without removing the lid for the rice to cook.
5. At the end of the time, wait 15 more minutes without moving the pot from the place, or removing the lid.
6. Take it to a container preferably made of plastic or a material that does not retain heat.
7. Season with the sugar, vinegar and salt. You can also use a sushi vinegar that comes with the sugar and salt included.
While mixing be sure to fan the rice so that it is not mushy.
Once the rice lowers its temperature you can let it rest so that in a few minutes it is ready to form the delicious sushi rolls.
How to work the rice when preparing the sushi?
While it is true that preparing a sushi can be very fun and creative. Also, it requires certain conditions.
Especially rice, which is the main protagonist. Keep the following suggestions in mind for the perfect sushi roll.
The rice should be warm.
It cannot be put in the fridge.
It must be prepared at least 30 minutes before assembling any type of sushi.
Try to squash it well against the seaweed, ham or base that you have chosen.
When you make the roll, it should be with a solid and continuous movement to give it the shape without the rice coming off.
Then you need to massage the roll next to the mat to compact well on the roll.
Each cut must be made with a wet knife so that the content does not stick.
It can be eaten by hand or chopsticks.
The mat must be lined so that the ingredients do not stick if they drain through the wooden slats.
These are some recommendations and suggestions for your upload to be perfect. Do not forget that you can make the combination you want.
Make stories you want and fill in to your liking. Just keep in mind that the roll should turn around.
Placing a thin layer of rice and more filling is also an option. Everything is a question of creativity.
The portions will also depend on you. If the preparation is spicier or has a strong flavor, you can chop into thin rolls.
If not, you can make them thicker so that in each bite you take a good amount of sushi.
There is no excuse, dare to try it! And make this homemade sushi rice with which you will make any sushi invention you can think of.