Listen to this story
Neapolitan Pizza Recipe
The Neapolitan pizza recipe is one of the best delicacies in the world. Although it was originated by the tradition of Italy, it is very simple and practical to do at home to upset your family, or to surprise your customers in your restaurant. To make this Neapolitan pizza we must have an oven, where we can introduce it, and a stove to make the sauce.
Next, the following Neapolitan pizza recipe will be explained step by step, so that you can make it from the comfort of your home or in the restaurant where you work or undertake:
Neapolitan Pizza Ingredients
Ingredients for the dough:
250 grams of flour (wheat).
· 120 milliliters of water.
· 6 tablespoons of warm milk.
1 tablespoon baking powder (baking powder)
· 1 egg.
· Salt to taste.
Ingredients for the stuffing:
· 500 grams of crushed tomato.
· 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
· 1 onion finely chopped.
· A clove of garlic, minced.
· 1 tablespoon oregano, crumbled.
· 150 grams of mozzarella cheese.
· 1 can of anchovies.
· 10 to 12 black olives.
· Salt and black pepper, ground and basil to taste.
Tips and recommendations before starting the preparation of Neapolitan pizza:
For the preparation of Neapolitan pizza you need to divide the prepared dough in two. When it comes to spreading the dough, it is recommended that it be very thin, since this way we could taste a better flavor of the filling. The edges must be thick, to support it and give our pizza a good image, if we want we can also fill the edges with cheese, being a more authentic pizza.
Another thing that we must bear in mind is that, when rolling out the dough, we must have prepared trays, moistened with butter and dusted with upholstered wheat flour. This is done so that our pizzas do not stick from the tray when it is cooked.
Preparation of the Neapolitan Pizza
Note: Since the preparation process can be a bit long, we will divide the process into different steps depending on the item to be prepared.
For the preparation of the dough:
1. Sift the wheat flour together with the yeast and salt into a small bowl or strainer.
2. Shape into a volcano and pour the egg, milk and oil into the center.
3. Work with your hands until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough. You can also do it with a machine, it would be faster kneading.
4. Cover with a cloth and let stand in a warm for 20 minutes until doubled in volume.
For the preparation of the sauce:
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over the fire.
2. When hot, add the minced garlic and onion and sauté over low heat until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the tomato and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add half the oregano, season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix well over low heat to form a paste (tomato paste) and remove heat.
For the preparation of the Neapolitan pizza:
1. Divided the dough into two parts, roll it out into a round shape.
2. Place them on a baking tray and spread the sauce prepared above it.
3. Next, put on the elaborated tomato paste, the chopped or chopped cheese.
4. Place the cheese, anchovies and olives over the sauce.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and place in the oven, previously heated to a temperature of 315º F, for 25 or 30 minutes.
6. After this time, remove from oven and serve immediately.
· For the preparation of tomato paste, the tomatoes must be previously chosen, as they must be fresh so that their sauce is excellent. Tomatoes should be ripe too, but not too ripe.
· Wash each tomato and onion that we are going to use. As soon as our tomato paste is ready, we cannot taste it with our spoon and try it again, as this would damage it.
· This tomato paste is what will give our Neapolitan pizza a good taste, therefore, it should fit us well. If there is any leftover tomato paste, we can store it in our freezer without any problem. This will last us for a long time as long as you do not test it on some dirty utensil.
· Also, with this same tomato paste, we can make delicious pastichos, spaghetti with meat, other types of pizzas, meats and among other recipes.
· The oven should not be too high, with a medium is fine, so that our pizza is soft and at the same time with a crunchy touch as we all know.
· If we have rations of pizzas left, we can store it in a very simple and practical way with a transparent plastic called envoplast or simply place it in a plastic container and cover it, placing it in the refrigerator.
· This pizza, after its preparation, can last a maximum of two days, very well refrigerated and covered.
· When we go to eat it, we just take it out and we can heat it in the microwave without any problem, and taste this delicacy.
· The Italian tradition was the pioneer in making this type of pizzas. For this reason, its dough was extremely soft to dislike and with a little crispy edges. This is done by kneading for a long time if we do it manually. Therefore it is recommended to take the necessary time for kneading.
Curiosities of Neapolitan pizza:
1. Neapolitan pizza is one of the most consumed dishes internationally.
2. It was created in Italy, and the origin of its name is (authentic artisan Neapolitan pizza) is recognized as a traditional Italian agri-food product.
3. Although this recipe was originally from Italy, one of the countries that most consumes this type of pizza are the Americans, classified as one of their favorite foods.