Listen to this story
What types of sugar are there to sweeten?
In this case we are talking about the type of sugar we used to add to our food. Among which we can find white, whole, brown, muscovado, icing and panela or rapadura sugar. In more detail we can say that the different types of sugar are:
· Icing sugar; This is one of the types of highly ground white sugar, so you get a very fine type of powder. Due to this, it is usually used in the preparation of desserts and sweets.
· White sugar; In this case we are talking about a type of sugar that comes from sugar beet or sugar cane. It is a very refined sweetener, from which a sucrose is obtained without essential nutrients or fiber. This usually has a more neutral flavor. But it has a high sweetening power.
· Muscovado sugar; In this case we are talking about a sugar that can be brown or blond depending on its degree of cooking. It is one of the different types of sugar that are used mostly for making desserts and sweets.
· Brown sugar; It is a refined cane sugar, in which we find 95% sucrose. We must mention that it has a dark color and a sticky appearance or texture.
· Panela or rapadura; In general, this sweetener is widely known in countries such as Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela. It stands out mainly for being a 100% natural organic product.
· Whole sugar; It is one of the types of sugar, which is considered more natural than white sugar. This is because it is cane sugar that is unrefined or transformed, so we can notice a darker color and a stickier appearance.