Listen to this story
Basque Chicken: original recipe
If you are looking for a different dish, but easy to make, the Basque Chicken is a great option. Its great flavor will captivate even the most demanding palate.
The process itself is simple and quick, so you will only need a few minutes to make a great dish. In addition, you will be able to transfer the flavor of this region to your table in a totally nutritious dish.
About the Basque Chicken
As part of traditional French food, Basque Chicken is one of the most prepared dishes at the national level. It has become so famous that the best restaurants They have included it in their menu.
This typical dish, originally from Soule, is nothing more than pieces of chicken sealed with a little olive oil, sweet peppers, onions, tomato, white wine, among others.
Its main characteristic is its peculiar Basque sauce made from peppers, tomato and espíes, although initially it included bread and vegetables. The recipe has changed to what we will currently teach you to prepare.
With these data I hope I have aroused your curiosity and that you dare to prepare this delicious dish. Below are the details to prepare this Basque Chicken.
- 1 onion.
- 4 chicken legs.
- 1 small spoonful of paprika.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 300 grams of tomato.
- 1 green pepper.
- Provencal herbs.
- 1 glass of white wine.
Steps to prepare a Basque chicken
1. The first thing is to get the ingredients ready. To do this, you must peel and crush the garlic cloves, the onion and the peppers.
Repeat the process with the tomatoes.
2. Now, it is time to fry the chicken legs, take them out and add the onion and garlic to the oil.
Wait a few minutes for it to cook over medium heat. This shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, herbs and chicken.
4. Add the small spoonful of paprika, salt, pepper and the white wine.
5. Now, wait about 30 minutes so that you can add some cubes of previously fried ham.
6. When it's ready, wait for it to be a little cold and enjoy!
Honestly, from one day to the next it is even better, since the ingredients are better integrated.
As you will see, the preparation is really easy and quick to do. There is no reason to complicate yourself with complex techniques despite the number of ingredients it has.
Believe me, every detail counts and in this case the ingredients are crucial to revive the traditional flavor. Although, if it is not possible to acquire them, you can create your own version.
Remember to share your results and how were the comments of your guests.