Listen to this story
Vegan potato omelette and vegan carrot omelette
Although many are surprised to achieve a vegan omelette, it is totally possible with this recipe. It may not have the flavor of the typical Spanish omelette, but with this vegan potato omelette you can give a great flavor to your palate.
This recipe is aimed at people who have decided to remove eggs from their diet or those who for health reasons do not tolerate this food.
I have dedicated to bring you these two recipes, since they are very healthy and will allow you to vary the flavors. You will tell us which of the two you like the most.
Vegan potato omelette recipe
This recipe will give you the portion needed to feed 6 people. Among the ingredients are:
400 grams of potato,
150 grams of onion,
70 grams of chickpea flour,
180 milliliters of water,
How to make a vegan potato omelette?
1. Start by cleaning and peeling the potatoes. Cut them into thin slices.
2. Cut the onion into julienne strips.
3. Heat the virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Now, cook the legs and the onion.
4. Cook for 30 minutes placing a catch in the pan, just stir so that it does not stick.
5. In a deep bowl, mix the water and the chickpea flour and beat until there are no groups left.
6. Once the potato and onion are cooked, remove the oil well and add it to the water and flour mixture.
7. Remember to season to taste. Then, take the pan over low heat.
8. When they have set, approximately 5 minutes after placing them, flip the tortilla. And give it 5 more minutes. In a few minutes you will have a delicious omelette on your plate.
The vegan potato omelette must be well cooked, since the chickpea flour should not be raw.
At the time of serving
Chop the tortilla into squares and accompany it with a salad that complements its flavor.
It is advisable to eat it freshly made, since at that time it is juicier.
Vegan carrot omelette
If you are already tired of eating vegan or classic Spanish potato omelette and are looking for a change in flavor, this vegan carrot recipe is a great option.
Then I leave you with this incredible alternative that you will surely love. And it is a vegan carrot omelette.
It is a recipe that you can take to eat during a plane trip, when you arrive, and you do not want to cook much or if you want to invite someone to eat a different dish.
Ingredients for the carrot omelette recipe
1 tablespoon yeast,
1 cup of buckwheat flour,
1 kilo of carrot.
1. Start by cutting the onion and grating the carrot. If it spills liquid, separate it from the zest and save both parts.
2. Then fry the onion until it crystallizes.
3. Beat the orange juice with the flour of your choice.
4. Add salt and pepper, knead until it takes the consistency of a pancake.
5. Add the onion and carrot grated. This will give the dough a uniform consistency.
6. Now, take to the pan like any tortilla. Cook over high heat for a few seconds and lower it to a minimum so that it cooks slowly with the help of a lid.
7. With the passage of time little by little it will begin to harden. When it has set, turn it over and let it cook for a few minutes.
And that's it, a great vegan carrot omelette that will satisfy your appetite. It usually does not require a side, but a few sautéed vegetables would not be bad at all.
Make sure it does not break and that it is well cooked. You can give it a couple of turns if necessary.
The texture that these flours usually give is very juicy, and it tends to stick as well. The flour may appear to be toasted on the outside, but it is not cooked inside.
To guarantee a good cooking time, the ideal is to use a non-stick pan with an oiled lid. This so that you can turn the tortilla easier and verify that it is not burning at the base.
What substitutions can be made?
Buckwheat flour can be substituted for lentil flour, oatmeal or whatever you can consume, even wheat flour is a good option.
Even a little mixture of the flours that are left or placing less than the one you do not like so that it acquires the taste of the other.
This can be applied to any recipe in which it is intended to substitute the egg. Including the vegan potato omelette.
Many people often compare the flavors, but really vegetarian, vegan and traditional food have particular flavors. These recipes will give your diet a new flavor that is extremely palatable.