An adenocarcinoma is 90% a stomach cancer or gastric cancer. This type of cancer originates in the cells that make up the innermost layer of the stomach (the mucosa). According to the American Cancer Society Cancer occurs when the cells in the body begin to develop uncontrollably.
Almost any cell in the body can become cancer and spread to other parts of the body.
What are the most common causes that increase the risk of stomach cancer?
Despite the various studies and advances in technology, the real cause of why this disease occurs has not yet been found. But if you recognize some risk factors that we should consider:
• Family history of stomach or gastric cancer.
• Eat few vegetables and fruits.
• Having pathologies or previous stomach surgeries.
• Exaggerated consumption of salt or in foods with chemicals to preserve them.
• Having suffered from gastric infection due to Helicobacter pylori.
• Smoking / Smoking.
This type of cancer is also called stomach cancer, and it originates mainly in the stomach area and from there it spreads to the nearest healthy organs and tissues. Due to the proximity of the...webmediums.com
What are the most common symptoms when presenting stomach or gastric cancer?
Numerous cases with gastric cancer begin with no apparent symptoms, so they are detected many times late for a treatment that avoids infecting other organs or curing it. For this reason it is important to observe any abnormality or symptoms such as:
1. Constant acidity.
2. Frequent pain in the belly.
3. Vomiting and nausea.
4. Constipation or diarrhea.
5. Tiredness and weakness.
6. Loss of appetite.
7. Feeling of fullness, after meals.
8. Vomiting with blood or blood in the stool.
9. Weight loss for no apparent reason.
• In the initial stage the symptoms are general like any other stomach pathology: Indigestion, Feeling of swelling after eating, acidity, among others.
• In more advanced stages the first symptom is weight loss, then they are: stomach pain, difficulty swallowing, presence of blood in the stool, loss of appetite, changes in the intestinal rhythm, difficulty swallowing and vomiting after eating.
Some of these symptoms are normal in other stomach problems, for example, some virus or ulcer, only going to the doctor can indicate something strange after making a complete diagnosis through specific tests such as endoscopy with biopsy and magnetic resonance.
It is the cause of deaths worldwide, this type of cancer has no preferences, it gives men as well as women regardless of their age. Many times the cause of this type of cancer is tobacco, smoking...webmediums.com
What are the tests or the diagnosis to detect stomach or gastric cancer?
The evaluations that usually indicate are:
• Evaluate personal history
• Deep examination by endoscopic exploration
• Analysis of biopsies taken from the walls of the stomach and surrounding tissues
• CT (scan to detect tumor spread outside the stomach)
• Magnetic resonance (detect tumor spread outside the stomach)
Most people associate a pain in the stomach mouth as a result of nerves or stress. At least once in the semester all people suffer from this type of pain, since it is a pain that occurs with a...webmediums.com
After making some or all the aforementioned evaluations and exam, is that a doctor can confirm the diagnosis of stomach or gastric cancer based on the results, will establish the stage or degree of extension in which the tumor is presented to plan the care and treatment plan.
It is important to confirm if you have not metastasized to distant organs such as the liver, bones, ovaries or lungs.