The Turmeric and its health benefits
It is a medicinal plant of long yellow root that is transformed into powder and used as condiments in many countries. This plant is also known as root saffron or toothpick.
At the same time being used in the culinary, turmeric can be used as a natural remedy for better gastrointestinal problems, fever, colds and treat high cholesterol.
Benefits for the health of Turmeric
The primary properties of turmeric is the action anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and digestive. For this reason, this plant has many benefits when consuming it:
- Help in weight loss.
- Combat colds and flu.
- Prevents asthma attacks.
- It poisons the liver.
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Help in the treatment for diabetes
- Heal the wounds.
- Relieves the pains of Arthritis.
- Prevents heartburn and calms stomach pains.
- Recommended for people with a lack of appetite.
- Improves and stimulates the production of bile.
- Pit has an emollient effect in the liver.
- Excellent ally for improve memory
Properties of Turmeric
The fiefs of this plant give it medicinal and curative importance for many years in different countries and are based on:
- Digestive and Antioxidant: it is a natural antacid that acts against the stomach acid, avoiding it and reducing its annoying effects on the digestive system.
- Anti-inflammatory: it has valuable properties, that's why it's one of the most beneficial natural treatments to relieve arthritis processes.
- Anticancer: its high power in antioxidants, makes it a nutritional additive adapted to prevent carcinogenic processes or to recover health when the process is already established.
- Protectors: has protective properties with the liver.
- Carminative: avoid gas or flatulence.
- Antidepressants: has stimulating compounds, for the nervous system and creates reactions in the mood.
Culinary uses of the Turmeric
At present, it has different uses in the different countries worldwide that report the benefits for the organism. That is why it is used in the preparation of different dishes:
Turmeric bread ingredients:
02 Cups of wheat flour
01 Yeast envelope
01 Teaspoon of salt
01 Tablespoon of Turmeric
01 Teaspoon of cumin pole
01 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
200 milliliters of warm water.
Preparation: pass the flour in a large bowl, add the salt, turmeric and yeast mix everything very well, add the warm water and knead about ten minutes until the dough easily detaches from the walls of the bowl.
Form a ball with the dough cover it with a cloth and let it rest for an hour and a half until it has doubled its volume in a warm place.
After that time preheat the oven to 200 ° C, cut the dough, make 06 balls and place them on the tray spread the seeds of cumin, on top of the bread balls, also place a bit of freshly ground pepper, shave with the palm of the hand and cook for about 10 or 15 minutes or until you see them golden brown. Finally let cool in a rack.