Causes of prostate cancer
The prostate is under the bladder of men and is what produces the seminal fluid, which nourishes and transports sperm. This type of cancer at the beginning it has no symptoms or signs, this disease is normal in men with advanced age very little men n less than 45 years old or unless they have a family history.
The pain when urinating or dysuria, in most cases is caused by infections and it is probably that it really concerns women more - mainly when they are pregnant, than men, even so, it is normal for...webmediums.com
What is prostate cancer?
The prostate cancer in one of the most frequent in men is a walnut-shaped gland that grows slowly in the male reproductive system, this occurs when prostate cells grow, andand they begin to reproduce uncontrollably.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
It does not usually cause symptoms or signs when it is developing, some symptoms that occur when you are advanced are:
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Problem when urinating
- Presence of blood in the semen.
- Bone pain.
- Pain in the pelvic area.
Treatments for prostate cancer
This depends on how advanced the prostate cancer is. The treatments to follow are:
Prostatitis is a fairly common urological disease associated with inflammation of the prostate. according to the WHO, chronic prostatitis is observed in almost every ten men in the world. The...webmediums.com
- Surgery: it is applied if the cancer has not spread to the outside of the prostate gland. Radical prostactomy is used, here the prostate gland and some surrounding areas are removed.
- Radiotherapy: X-rays and particles are used here to destroy the malignant cells.
- Chemotherapy: They are anti-cancer drugs and injected through the vein or orally, they enter the bloodstream and travel throughout the body to kill cancer cells and those that have spread as metastases.
- Treatment with vaccines: The Sipuleucel-T (Provenge) vaccine reinforces the immune system that helps to attack cancer cells in the prostate that is advanced and does not respond to hormone therapy. This vaccine is produced by each man is removed from the white blood cells, this is connected to a machine for several hours.
- Treatment to the bones: For these drugs are used as corticosteroids, denosumab, radiopharmaceuticals among others. It can also be used in conjunction with chemotherapy, hormone therapy or through vaccines.
- Cryotherapy: Used in cold temperatures to freeze and kill cancer cells, this is also called cryosurgery.
- Hormone therapy: it reduces levels of male hormones called androgens, or prevents hormones from affecting cancer cells in the prostate.
Causes and prevention of prostate cancer
The causes of prostate cancer are not precise, but it develops when the cells grow uncontrollably, some risk factors for this disease is age, the race this type of cancer develops more in African-American men, another cause It is in case there is a history of families that have presented this type of cancer and obesity.
The specific reason why prostate cancer occurs is still unknown. What is known is that it is very common in most men. The prostate is the male reproductive sex gland and is located under the...webmediums.com
You can minimize the risk of prostate cancer is having a healthy diet rich in fruits or vegetables, eat healthy foods, exercise, maintain an ideal weight and go to doctors do your checkups.