Fruits with vitamin A
Fruits with vitamin A. There are many fruits and vegetables with vitamin A that can be found, even some of them are consumed daily as is the case with carrots or papaya.
Many of us know that it is vitamin A, but they do not know what fruits and vegetables are with vitamin A.
In many occasions we miss the opportunity to give a large amount of this vitamin to our body, so we must know more about it and learn to take advantage of it.
Benefits of fruits with vitamin A
One of the main characteristics of vitamin A are its antioxidant properties. Which protect the cells from free radicals. At the same time this vitamin can;
· Improve night vision.
· Keep the retina healthy.
· Prevent eye diseases.
· Stop vision problems due to aging.
· Prevent glaucoma, cataracts and other diseases derived from eye strain.
The apple is a deciduous fruit tree of the Rosaceae family, it has more than 2,000 species of herbaceous plants, shrubs and trees that are distributed by temperate regions in the world. Origin of...webmediums.com
Function of vitamin A
Before knowing about the functions of this vitamin we must know how many types exist. As reported by Nemours Foundation, there are two types of vitamin A.
The first is retinol and it is a form of vitamin A obtained from products of animal origin.
The second is the carotenes and corresponds to the form of vitamin A in products of plant origin.
Now between the functions of this vitamin we have;
· Protect the health of our skin.
· Help stimulate the immune system.
· Grant all the substances necessary for the communication of the optic nerves and the brain.
In case of having a deficit of vitamin A we can present problems such as night blindness or problems to see correctly in dark places.
Likewise, a reduction in the proper functioning of the immune system can occur.
It is an essential support for the health of human beings, it plays a very important role in the absorption and maintenance of calcium levels, it is related to the strength of the bones. It also...webmediums.com
Fruits and vegetables with vitamin A
Fortunately there are many fruits and vegetables with vitamin A, which can help us avoid the problems mentioned above.
According to the American Academy of Family Physicians the best foods with vitamin A are:
The cherry it is a circular fruit with a beautiful bright red color that gives a pulp with a slightly sour taste. This fruit contains a large amount of nutrients and vitamins that help the body to...webmediums.com
· Liver. Mostly beef and pork liver.
· Carrot. This is one of the foods most known for its contribution of vitamin A and even more for the beta-carotenes it provides. Recall that beta-carotenes, give the color to this food.
· Sweet potato or sweet potato. No matter what you call this food, it also offers a great supply of beta-carotene.
· Tropical fruits. Both the melon, papaya and mango contain vitamin A, this can be seen reflected in its characteristic color as with the carrot.
Moving on to other foods with this vitamin we have:
· Broccoli, cabbage, spinach and other vegetables.
· Milk, cheese, butter and other dairy products.
· Apricot, strawberry, lemon, pears, pineapples and other fruits.
· Veal, chicken, turkey, fish and other foods of animal origin.
Often we wonder if the avocado is a vegetable since it has a pulp of a beautiful lemon green color, but do not let it confuse the nutritious and delicious avocado is a fruit. Later we will give...webmediums.com
Fruits with Vitamin A for sight
If you are looking to strengthen your vision, you should not only consume vitamin A, there are also other foods that combined with this vitamin will help you maintain your eye health.
You must consume omega 3 this fatty acid is perfect to strengthen the retina and prevent degenerative eye diseases. Some foods with omega 3 are tuna, salmon, sardines or mackerel.
Foods rich in lutein are also necessary to strengthen eyesight. Among the foods with this substance we have spinach, cabbage and broccoli.
Minerals such as selenium and zinc should also be included in any diet for the eyes. We can both obtain them from many vegetables such as cereals, legumes and nuts.
To finish other vitamins such as those in group C and E are important for sight. These work as antioxidants and we can find them in nuts and spinach.
Foods rich in vitamin E. vitamin E has antioxidant properties so your eating foods rich in vitamin E helps fight the effects of free radicals. Knowing what we consume and what nutritional supply...webmediums.com
Our life habits are also important. We must exercise regularly, avoid or control stress, do not drink or smoke excessively and do medical tests regularly.